Grain Free Banana and Blueberry Cake
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup mashed banana (approx 3 small bananas)
3 large eggs
3 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 banana, for decoration
1 tbsp honey or maple, for brushing
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, fan-forced. Line a round cake tin.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the banana, eggs, honey and coconut oil. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
4. Gently fold the blueberries through the mix.
5. Transfer the mixture into the cake tin. Slice the banana lengthways into strips. Arrange over the cake tin.
6. Bake for 45 minutes. Use a skewer to test that the cake is cooked through. Remove and then let cool.