Dark Chocolate and Blackberry Minis with Cacao Frosting Recipe
Makes 6 - Ingredients:
Dark Choc and Blackberry Mini Cakes:
4 free-range eggs
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
3 tbsp melted ghee 2 cups hazelnut or almond meal
2 tbsp raw 100% cacao powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup fresh blackberries or defrosted frozen blackberries
1/3 cup raw dark chocolate, chopped roughly
200g organic grass-fed butter, chopped into cubes at room temperature
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp raw 100% cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius, fan-forced. Grease a 6 cup silicone muffin tin.
2. Add eggs, maple and coconut sugar to an electric stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat at medium speed for 5 minutes or until pale.
3. Slowly pour in melted ghee until completely combined. Remove bowl from the mixer.
4. In a small bowl combine hazelnut meal, cacao powder and baking powder. Pour dry ingredients into the wet mixture and stir until just combined using a wooden spoon.
5. Stir through blackberries and dark chocolate.
6. Scoop mixture into the muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre of the cake. Allow to cool. Once cool, carefully cut the tops off the mini cakes and turn them upside down.
7. Add all icing ingredients to the small bowl of an electric mixer with the paddle attachment. Combine at a medium speed until fluffy. It is important that the butter is at room temperature in order to keep the frosting smooth.
8. Pipe the icing on top of each cake. Decorate to your liking using dried flowers and freeze dried berries. Serve at room temperature.